Clearly I have Fall on my mind but as I'm typing this post it is 90 degrees in Atlanta! Fall, where are you?!
What I love most about Fall, besides the cooler temperatures, is the fact that it is boot season! Until a few years ago, finding over the knee boots to fit my wide calves was a huge challenge. Retailers weren't catering to women who had calves larger than the average woman. I appreciate the plus community advocating for retailers to recognize the need and finally they began to listen. I find myself gravitating to an over the knee boot more often because they are super sexy, gives a sleek silhouette and elongates the body.
Here are my top 5 tips to choosing the perfect boot for wide calves:
1. Always Measure Your Calf -- This is extremely important especially when shopping online! If you don't have a tape measure, most stores can measure your calf for you.
2. Know Where to Shop -- Familiarize yourself with stores that sell wide calf boots. Torrid and Lane Bryant have great choices in store and online. They are my personal fave.
3. Look for Elastic -- Whether you are looking for a structured leather or suede boot, look for the boot to have elastic. This will give you more stretch for comfort.
4. Size Up -- This has been a go-to for me! Yes, the boot maybe a tad bit longer in length but sizing up gives me more room at the calf.
5. Find a Shoe Tailor or Repair Shop -- Finding a local shoe tailor is essential! They create magic when it comes to repairing shoes. They can add more material to boots to make them fit custom to your calf. A quick google search can locate one near you!