Denim on denim is a favorite look of mine to rock during the spring season. My go-to includes an over sized denim shirt tied at the waist. The one I’m rocking is from the Ava and Viv line at Target. I paired the top with cutesy jeans from Fashion To Figure. I mean who could resist these super cute jeans! To give the look a bit of an edgy twist, I threw on my leopard oxfords. The look mixes the right amount of edge and femininity.
As a girl who is super intimidated by jean shopping, I am relieved that brands are finally stepping up their game in the denim department. For years shopping for jeans have been a problem area for me. Either the waist is too big and the leg to tight or vice versa. However, lately, several brands have made the switch. They are finally listening to us people! Praise The Lord! I’m noticing a stretcher fit, stronger hold, better quality and an overall more attractive design aesthetic.
Here are 5 brands that I have been loving and rocking lately:
1. Lane Bryant - Classic and trendy. Their ripped and light wash denim are my faves.
2. Fashion To Figure - Affordable, trendy and feminine. The cutesy lace ups are my faves.
3. Kut from the Kloth - Reliable and edgy. Their ripped jeans are my fave.
4. NYDJ - A splurge but classic. Love their dark skinny options.
5. Liverpool Jeans - Love their dark ash denim selection. Very comfortable.